Team Lead(s) Responsibilities
Team Leaders will be instrumental in facilitating project success (defined by answering COVID research questions, producing publications and/or implementation in healthcare). Leaders will help coordinate activities, provide status updates, lead meetings, and ensure all members are aware of Attribution, Data Download, and other N3C policies. More specific responsibilities are as follows:
Additional Suggested Designations & Responsibilities
In addition to the Team Lead(s), the N3C recommends several additional designations for Domain Team members to facilitate more efficient analysis within the Enclave. It is recommended that each team member have a clear role with responsibilities. Members are expected to contribute in some fashion and be willing to have tasks assigned as needed.
Specific skills and best practices to assist this role include:
- Use of Code Workbooks, Core Repos, or Contour to perform analytical tasks within the Enclave
- Import and export code templates to the Knowledge Store within the Enclave
- Construction of appropriate branches, build schedules, and triggers to enable reproducibility of constructed analyses
- Prepare for approval of exported tables and figures through use of reports in the Enclave
A Data Liaison should have an understanding of primary data sources and attributes impacting data (EMRs, registries, external data sources), prior use/knowledge of coding systems, and controlled vocabularies used in primary data sources such as LOINC, ICD, CPT4, etc., familiarity or experience with implementation(s) of one or more data partner source common data models (PCORnet, ACT/i2b2, TriNetX, OMOP), experience/familiarity with the OMOP the OMOP common data model and vocabulary, knowledge of OHDSI Atlas tooling, and experience working with clinicians and clinical researchers to elicit and implement clinical concepts with available data/coding systems.
With pre-approval, an existing liaison can be assigned to a team if needed.
N3C Supplied Resources
All Domain Teams will be provided with the following:
Calendar & Meeting Guidelines
- Designate a meeting host
- Email the meeting agenda to the Domain Team's Google Group address prior to the meeting time (i.e., the day before).
- Have a dedicated notetaker record meeting minutes on a rolling agenda/notes document
- Create a header at the top of each notes document to include:
- Leaders(s) name(s) and email address(es)
- Recurring meeting day & time with call-in or meeting link
- Organize regular report-outs at the Clinical Scenarios and Collaborative Analytics meetings
The Clinical Scenarios & Data Analytics Subgroup meeting held on Tuesdays at 9:00 am PT/12:00 pm ET is the parent meeting for all Domain Teams. Domain Team members are encouraged to attend to stay informed of general N3C research activities.