The COVID-19 global emergency raises many difficult care and healthcare management questions. Which drugs are the most viable candidates for a given patient? How can we efficiently and effectively assemble the right cohort for a trial? What social determinants impact course and outcome? How can we rapidly deploy clinical decision support tools when new knowledge is available every day?
By leveraging our collective data resources, unparalleled analytics expertise, and medical insights from expert clinicians, we can synergize discoveries that address this pandemic beyond the sum of our parts. The National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) is a collaboration among the NCATS-supported Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) Programhubs, the National Center for Data to Health (CD2H), distributed clinical data networks (PCORnet, OHDSI, ACT, TriNetX), and other partner organizations, with overall stewardship by NIH’sNational Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS). The N3C aims to improve the efficiency and accessibility of analyses with COVID-19 clinical data, expand our ability to analyze and understand COVID, and demonstrate a novel approach for collaborative pandemic data sharing.Onboard to N3C
What the N3C is building:
- An EHR-based limited data set of COVID-19 patients and controls for row-level data access
- A secure, FedRAMP-compliant analytical environment where tools and algorithms can be rapidly evaluated, and clinicians and researchers can ask granular and complex clinical questions
- A resource that is complementary and synergistic with individual institutional and consortial activities
- A place for data harmonization, mapping, and curation driven by the Center for Data to Health (CD2H)
- A vehicle for stewardship coordinated and supported by NCATS
N3C Partnership Webinar
Learn more from our N3C Partnership Webinar (5/15/20). View slides.
The coronavirus pandemic presents a unique opportunity to bring together top informatics experts from around the country to address our collective challenges. The N3C resource offers a valuable contribution, not only for aiding the COVID-19 crisis, but for transforming how we perform research as a nation.
View slide deck from the NIAID Data Science Series webinar: Realizing the National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) 5/15/2020.
11:00 AM - 0:00 PM CST
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM CST
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM CST
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CST
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM CST
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM CST
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CST
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CST
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM CST